Moving mnesia schema to another node

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Dec 25 10:17:38 CET 2001

Look in the Mnesia user guide in Section 6.9.1

The following example illustrates how mnesia:traverse_backup can be used to
rename a db_node in a backup file:

change_node_name(Mod, From, To, Source, Target) ->
    Switch =
        fun(Node) when Node == From -> To;
           (Node) when Node == To -> throw({error, already_exists});
           (Node) -> Node
        end,
    Convert =
        fun({schema, db_nodes, Nodes}, Acc) ->
                {[{schema, db_nodes, lists:map(Switch,Nodes)}], Acc};
           ({schema, version, Version}, Acc) ->
                {[{schema, version, Version}], Acc};
           ({schema, cookie, Cookie}, Acc) ->
                {[{schema, cookie, Cookie}], Acc};
           ({schema, Tab, CreateList}, Acc) ->
                Keys = [ram_copies, disc_copies, disc_only_copies],
                OptSwitch =
                    fun({Key, Val}) ->
                            case lists:member(Key, Keys) of
                                true -> {Key, lists:map(Switch, Val)};
                                false-> {Key, Val}
                            end
                    end,
                {[{schema, Tab, lists:map(OptSwitch, CreateList)}], Acc};
           (Other, Acc) ->
                {[Other], Acc}
        end,
    mnesia:traverse_backup(Source, Mod, Target, Mod, Convert, switched).

view(Source, Mod) ->
    View = fun(Item, Acc) ->
                   io:format("~p.~n",[Item]),
                   {[Item], Acc + 1}
           end,
    mnesia:traverse_backup(Source, Mod, dummy, read_only, View, 0).

cheers,
Chandru

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: