Moving mnesia schema to another node

Erik Pearson erik@REDACTED
Tue Dec 25 03:18:56 CET 2001

Hi,

I need to move a mnesia database from one node to another, and haven't been
able to figure out how. Mnesia is okay if you move it around on the same
machine (different directories), but doesn't like to be moved to another
machine -- (e.g. tar it up and untar it somehwere else) -- even if the
database directory is accessed via a generic directory name through an
explicit -mnesia dir 'dirname' or -config configfile.

I've also tried restoring from a backup, but stopped that after it ate up
all CPU on the server. I also tried using install_fallback, but mnesia
complains with

{"No disc resident schema on local node", [myoldnode]}

The backup seems to keep a reference to the old node, and doens't like to
be restored anywhere else...

Does anyone know how to do a "redirected backup and restore" from one node
to another?

Thanks,

Erik Pearson