Compiling R8B under OS X

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 02:00:36 CET 2001

Sean Hinde <earlyriser@REDACTED> writes:
> Well, wings3d works great (after dealing with flat_namespace and
> grabbing an old version of libsdl (1.2.1) out of their cvs archive.

Wings3D makes Erlang on OS X a bit more important than it used to be ;-)

> One question - the nature of the errors in sys.c suggests that that code
> is not used by any other platform - is it really a case of fixing this
> code or do you suspect there might be a configure problem?

I don't quite understand what you mean. Mac OS X is the only Unix
platform we have here that has no poll() function and then sets
USE_SELECT (this is one reason we like to have OS X part of our daily
build). That we didn't test often enough with Mac OS X was the reason
we didn't find this problem before the release.

The configure script was changed to use poll() if available. I don't
know the reason for this but I suspect there is no way of knowing what
the "preferred" network API is when an OS has both poll() and
select().

kent