erl_interface and ALIVE

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Sep 1 17:37:24 CEST 2000

I am having some trouble with erl_interface where the
communications between the C process and Erlang seem
to get bunged up.  One problem I have is that when many
messages are sent quickly to Erlang from C some/many
will fail with EAGAIN ("Resource temporarily unavailable").
I am still thinking through whether this problem should
best be solved by changes to erl_interface and/or to my
C code.

Another problem which I do not yet understand is that
sometimes the Erlang node will produce the following
messages in the logs:

===== ALIVE Fri Sep  1 11:32:49 2000

===== ALIVE Fri Sep  1 11:32:49 2000

===== ALIVE Fri Sep  1 11:32:49 2000