compiler available for x86 ?.

Luc Taesch ltaesch@REDACTED
Sun Oct 8 22:51:45 CEST 2000

Sean Hinde wrote:

> I guess you are talking about Linux, in which case the normal R7B etc
> release works fine. It doesn't do native code compilation but beam compiled
> code is fast enough for most things.
>
> Maybe I missed the point of your question?

sorry for being so imprecise.

yes, im interesting in distributing a binary only.
for convenience.

say
1) i wanna deploy 30 times the same application, on client servers, and i dont
wanna bother intalling erlang,  or
2) i have access to a server i cant impose to have erlang installed (say
sourceforge)
3) or i wanna build utilitaries, and i dont wanna be  troubled with release
conflicts as time goes by.
4) a demo softwarein a rpm, and i dont want bothering people downloading 8 mo
of environement, or they cant be root ( to install erlang)

these are different points where i may be interested to build a self contained
binary. so i was looking at how to do that.

and which constraints it may brings, like language restrictions.

(and yes, R7b is quick enough for me!)

--
First, they ignore you.
Then, they laugh at you.

--- Gandhi.

Working code is what matter, not your market capitalization.
--Kurt granroth