Suggested Example

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 9 11:50:29 CEST 2000

> I've read the Erlang book and I basically understanding how to use the
> language.  I've also read through most of the OTP docs, and I think I
> understand most of what I read, but I still can't see the forest for
> the trees.  I get the basic idea of setting up supervisors and worker
> processes, but there are many, many details which are not obvious from
> the docs.

I agree, and it caused me a lot of pain also. Now that I've figured it out
though I find it quick and easy to produce a new application using the
skeletons in emacs. Just create an application skeleton, a supervisor
skeleton, and your gen_server skeletons. Fill out the missing fields in each
file and you are almost there.

All that is needed is an application_name.app file in your ebin directory
and you can call application:start(name). and you are away.

Obviously there is more to it than this but perserverence does pay!!

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: