Java nodes

David W. Bauer Jr. bauerd@REDACTED
Mon Nov 20 22:20:51 CET 2000

>From the erlang jinterface website on class OtpEpmd:

Provides methods for registering, unregistering and looking up nodes with
the Erlang portmapper
daemon (Epmd). For each registered node, Epmd maintains information about
the port on which
incoming connections are accepted, as well as which versions of the Erlang
communication
protocolt the node supports.

Nodes wishing to contact other nodes must first request information from
Epmd before a
connection can be set up, however this is done automatically by
OtpSelf.connect() when
necessary.

The methods publishPort() and unPublishPort() will fail if an Epmd process
is not running on
the localhost. Additionally lookupPort() will fail if there is no Epmd
process running on the host
where the specified node is running. See the Erlang documentation for
information about starting
Epmd.

This class contains only static methods, there are no constructors.

Hope this helps.

David