Routingtabels

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Wed May 24 15:52:28 CEST 2000

Hello!

I am trying to figure out if you can implement a ruoting table in
Erlang that is efficient enough or if you have to use c? Someone in the
project that I currently work in made a version using ets-tables and
looking backwards starting with the mask 255.255.255.255 and then
trying 255.255.255.254, 255.255.255.252 etc. until they
find a entry and then they know that they have the longest prefix
match. As far as I understand it would be a better idea to use some
kind of tree-based algorithm. Would it be possible to do this
efficiently in Erlang?

--
/m.v.h Ingela

//The highway of life is always under construction. //

Ericsson Utvecklings AB             Phone :   +46 8 719 18 13
Open Systems (f.d. Erlang Systems)  Cellular/Mobile: +46 70 636 78 68
Torshamnsgatan 39 B
Box 1214                            http://www.erlang.se
S-164 28 KISTA, SWEDEN              ingela@REDACTED