Emulator stopping during mnesia writes

Scott Lystig Fritchie scott@REDACTED
Thu May 11 00:04:05 CEST 2000

>>>>> "k" == Klacke  <klacke@REDACTED> writes:

k> We have a short term kludge solution (in production use today)
k> which is an external unix process that offloads the emulator with
k> calls to unlink,stat,link and rename.

Sounds like the strategy Squid uses for some operations.

k> In the longer run we have an async driver in the pipe which
k> schedules job to kernel threads. (if the os have them)

I've noticed a general reluctance not to introduce features that
aren't portable across all the platforms supported by Erlang.
(Specifically my query earlier about binding UDP ports to a port,
which is necessary if you want to use readv() or writev() on a UDP
socket.)  Such an "if the os has them" feature would go against that
general philosophy.

Not to say that such a driver wouldn't be incredibly useful.  Or that
supporting bound UDP sockets isn't easy.  It just seems inconsistent.
{shrug}

-Scott