The mysteries of eprof

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Thu Feb 24 12:10:55 CET 2000

Thanks for your comments and observations.

There will be a better eprof for R7 (the next major OTP release).
How much better we don't know yet since it is not finished, but at
least the eprof process itself will have less overhead than in the
current version (i.e. your own code will run *somewhat* slower when
profiling, not *much* slower as with the current version of eprof).

Maybe I will mail more information when the new version of eprof
is finished. (BTW, the new version of eprof will not run on R6, because
it will be dependent on new features in R7.)

/Bjorn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P