Erlang ports and Perl

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Wed Feb 23 18:27:51 CET 2000

This one seems to work. Thanks for all your answers.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Pearce [mailto:spearce@REDACTED]
Sent: 23 February 2000 16:34
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: Erlang ports and Perl

Sean,

Perl output is typically line-buffered by default by Perl.  This means
that the underlying OS will not receive any information to pass onto
another program (such as Erlang) unless a newline ("\n") is printed in
Perl.  Try doing the following before your while(1) loop starts:

	select((select(STDOUT),$| = 1)[0]);
	select((select(STDERR),$| = 1)[0]);

to unbuffer both the STDOUT and STDERR streams and see if that makes
a difference to your little program.

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> scrawled:

--
Shawn.