comment trimming in r6b

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Tue Feb 22 12:36:47 CET 2000

Hey all,

I was just reading through some of the erlang R6B sources and noticed
that apparently all the author information, historical notes, and
informal comments have been stripped out (at least in the files I
looked at). That's quite different to 47.4.1, where there's a lot of
this stuff throughout the code.

I'd like to humbly suggest not doing that sort of thing :-) Because
one of the things that made me like Erlang was the informal/human face
of it - seeing the same names on the mailing list, on usenet, and in
the sources, etc. I think the contrast between that and the typical
dehumanised company-is-only-entity approach is a big advantage for
Erlang.

I've also found it useful to be able to mail authors directly to
do things like confirm bug fixes, etc. In the R6B sources, you can't
see their email addresses or names.

Cheers,
Luke