Using failover

Samuel Tardieu sam@REDACTED
Fri Feb 11 11:28:33 CET 2000

Stefan> I'm interesting in reading it, but I received the following
Stefan> reply from your web server:

Stefan>     Proxy Error The server encountered an internal error or
Stefan>     misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Sure, the power was off :) Try again :)

In fact, www.infres.enst.fr is a regular Apache server (the CS
dept. one), but <URL:http://www.infres.enst.fr/~tardieu> is automatically
proxied to <URL:http://antinea.enst.fr:8888>, which happens to be an
Erlang inets server.

Since this server runs on a machine located in my office, and since I
have power outage problems, there is no surprise. Now that I've played
with dynamic relocation, failover and takeover, I will make the server
fault tolerant too as soon as I have some time to spare on this.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@REDACTED