Mobile code with Erlang

Francesco Cesarini cesarini@REDACTED
Thu Feb 10 17:26:31 CET 2000

> According to my experience, Erlang programs run much faster than their
> Java counterpart. Moreover, the hot code-swapping feature should make
> it very practical to update mobile agents without bringing them down.

I believe Uppsala University ran a project on mobile agents [for last
year
students] back in 1996 using Erlang, so the idea is not new. Take out
your
Swedish - English dictionary (or favorite web page translator) and look
at

http://www.csd.uu.se/projects/marketspace/

If I remember correctly, it was a project partly funded by Telia (The
Swedish
Phone company), so I do not know if the source code is available.

Regards,
Francesco
--
Francesco Cesarini