etk?

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Tue Feb 1 14:14:19 CET 2000

David Sallach <sallach@REDACTED> wrote:
> The open source FAQ suggests that GUI development should be done with etk
>rather than gs because it is a newer and better package.

Well, I guess that suggestion should really be taken as the opinion of
the FAQ author rather than an "official statement" - but anyway:

>  However, I don't
>see documentation for etk, either as a separate document, or in STDLIB.  Is
>it a part of R6B?

Actually I posted this just a week ago:-) - here it is again:

In the otp_src_doc_html_R6B-0.tar.gz tarball:

lib/etk-0.9.2/doc/<lotsofstuff>

(also online at
http://www.erlang.org/documentation/lib/etk-0.9.2/doc/index.html) - not
linked from the "main" page, though. In the otp_src_doc_man_R6B-0.tar.gz
tarball:

man/man3/etk.3
man/man3/tk.3

- should be accessible via 'erl -man (e)tk' when you've installed the
man pages.

>	Are there any plans for Erlang to support a graphic system not based upon Tk?

I don't know of any such plans for the "standard distribution"
currently, but I believe some users are looking at an interface to gtk+.

--Per Hedeland
per@REDACTED