typing

Francesco Cesarini cesarini@REDACTED
Wed Aug 23 16:46:35 CEST 2000

Sean Hinde wrote:

> Is anyone else using this sort of technique in big projects?
>
> How do Ericsson themselves minimise the likelyhood that these sorts of
> runtime errors will not make their way into system testing and hence cause
> big cost and delay?

Not that I have seen it being used in major projects, but in 1995 I was
using a little parser written by Hans at the CS lab. It chugged through
a set of modules and returned all the atoms which appeared only once in
the code, [together with their module and line number ?]. It helped
detect most of the misspelt atom errors. If this program is still
around, (or some one with the time wants to rewrite it), it would be
great if it was added to the contributions section.

Cheers,
Francesco
--
Francesco Cesarini