Updated BEAM spec?

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Aug 15 12:53:00 CEST 2000

There is still no BEAM document. I've been busy working with the R7 release.
Perhaps after R7...

Are you referrering to {'%live',N}? This is not a real instruction
(meaning that the assembler will discard it and you will not find it
in the .beam file). N indicates the number of live X registers at that
point in the code. The code generator emits one such %live instruction
at the end of every basic block. The beam_block modules uses the information
to optimize basic blocks.

/Björn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P