Discoveries and Problems with dynamic linked-in drivers

Bruce Fitzsimons Bruce@REDACTED
Tue Aug 8 19:42:32 CEST 2000

> This is typically what happens when the emulator is built
> without exporting it's symbols.
> Linux build needs a -rdynamic, free-bsd needs, -export-dynamic etc.
> The driver is loaded into the emulator and the loader tries to
> resolve the symbols it needs from the emulator.
>
> This should work "out of the box" though ??

Thanks mate, I've just found a patch (on the web page...) that I haven't
applied. Thanks once again for the the fast response and inside info though,
I'm beginning to understand how dynamic libaries hang together under unix.

Cheers,
Bruce