short host names

Peter Olin peter.olin@REDACTED
Thu Sep 30 15:38:36 CEST 1999

Could it possibly just be so simple that you don't have the
same cookie on the different nodes?

(This is the default unless you somehow have specified a
cookie). You are not specifying a cookie on the command
line, so unless you have an .erlang.cookie file in your
working/home directory, the nodes will have different
cookies.

erl -sname foo -setcookie ballerina
erl -sname bar -setcookie ballerina

(ballerina can of course be replaced with your favorite
cookie, like singoalla, brago_crackers or possibly
marie_crackers in case of an emergency. Try to stay away
from soft cakes though, an italian chocolate cake is a bit
on the fatty side :-)

/Peter

--

/Peter Olin (mailto:peter.olin@REDACTED)