Garbage collection

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Thu Sep 2 09:31:26 CEST 1999

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, David Gould wrote:

dg>I might be interested in working on this. I am curious to know what has
dg>prevented this in the past, the GC itself seems fairly compact and looks
dg>(ok, I only spent 10 minutes peeking at it) fairly clean.

I believe that it was considered a good idea, but it wasn't acted on
because other things were given higher priority.

dg>Also, any thoughts on how to proceed or things I need to be aware of
dg>outside gcc.c are welcome.

Sorry, I can't help you there. I don't understand the GC -- I just use it.

/Uffe

Ulf Wiger, Chief Designer AXD 301      <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
Ericsson Telecom AB                          tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Varuvägen 9, Älvsjö                          mob: +46 70 519 81 95
S-126 25 Stockholm, Sweden                   fax: +46  8 719 43 44