Telco and Comco ...

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Fri May 21 15:31:48 CEST 1999

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Torbjorn Tornkvist wrote:

tobbe>I can't answer your question about memory usage for Mnesia
tobbe>(I simply don't know). However, I know there exist a SQL/ODBC
tobbe>interface, perhaps at the User Contrib area of http://www.erlang.org

I assume that Tobbe refers to one of the earlier Master thesis works
that has been done.  One implemented an Erlang binding to Oracle and
another implemented a SQL frontend for Mnesia. But none of these has
reached product quality. Perhaps, there are some volunteers out there
that want to finish the SQL frontend for Mnesia?

Anyway, in OTP R5, an Erlang binding for ODBC was released in the
commercial variant of Erlang/OTP. This new ODBC binding enables Erlang
applications to access a wide range of SQL databases.  I think that
the intention is to release it as Open Source, but I do not know how
soon that it will be done.

/Håkan