Telco and Comco ...

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Tue May 18 13:03:49 CEST 1999

> Erlang was developed to support telco-based systems ... In the new =
> scheme of things where voice is but another 'data type' in an =
> IP-everything world how does Erlang's philosophy fit into this commco =
> view? ...

Erlang is used to control complex (real-time) systems.
So it doesn't really matter what kind of system it is.
For example the Ericsson AXD301 ATM switch is controlled
by Erlang software.

> Is there any work being in the XML area by the Erlang folks? ... Thanks =

I think Joe Armstrong has written an XML parser in Erlang.
Try, http://www.ericsson.se/cslab/~joe ,or mail Joe directly
at: joe@REDACTED

I can't answer your question about memory usage for Mnesia
(I simply don't know). However, I know there exist a SQL/ODBC
interface, perhaps at the User Contrib area of http://www.erlang.org

Cheers /Tobbe