Erlang Deployment Win95/98

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jun 17 13:03:22 CEST 1999

Torbjorn Tornkvist wrote:

> These concepts are not easy to get a grip on.
> I have myself been tearing my hair in frustration
> many times. A nice little tutorial on how to package
> a system to be delivered to customer would be great
> to have.
>
> Any takers... ?

At AXD 301, we have gone pretty far in automating installation,
application start, and in-service upgrade.

I believe that many of the things we do are generic, and should be a
part of OTP (we have also suggested this a couple of times.) However, it
takes time and effort to study and rewrite, so that our support could be
made generic.

Personally, I don't have time to do all that, but I could try to give a
few pointers... later, or answer specific questions now. ;)

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger, Chief Designer AXD 301      <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
Ericsson Telecom AB                          tfn: +46  8 719 81 95