UnixWare -o bug erroneously detected on Solaris machine

Ed Osinski osinski@REDACTED
Thu Feb 25 01:11:42 CET 1999

While running ./configure, I saw the following several times during
the process (for every 'checking for UnixWare -o bug' message):

checking for UnixWare -o bug...
License Error : Licensing product (Sun WorkShop Compiler C SPARC).
        License File: /opt/SUNWspro/SC5.0/bin/../../license_dir/sunpro.lic,1
Invalid (inconsistent) license key
 The license-key and data for the feature do no match.
 This usually happens when a license file has been altered
Feature:workshop.c.sparc
License path:
FLEXlm error:-8,130.  System Error: 0    Error 0
buggy

For some reason, I guess it is invoking cc for this test, although the
compiler used for at least some other tests is gcc; near the beginning
of the configure output I see:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -R/usr/local/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -R/usr/local/lib) is a cross-compiler... no

so I know that gcc was detected properly.  I don't have cc installed,
or at least, the license has expired.

When I explicitly set CC to 'gcc', ./configure reports:

checking for UnixWare -o bug... OK