Erlang Scripts/Binaries.

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Sat Dec 19 01:03:50 CET 1998

Tobbe writes:

 > > I've been wondering how one can make Erlang scripts/binaries?
 > > Something that can be then run as
 > > ./someprog
 >
 > Dan Sahlin once wrote a little thing to accomplish this (hello
 > Dan where are you ?).

No no no, what we should have is a program that takes
a {Mod, Fun, Arity} and then traverses the entires module system
and extracts all modules that are reachable from the tripple
{Mod, Fun, Arity}, then packs all this modules into one
large fat chunk and links them with a main() thing that is
linked with a shared object lib which is the entire runtime system.

This should be a really nifty program to have. This way we could
get real standalone executables.

Some tricky stuff with apply(Mod, ...) where Mod is computed.
as well as open_port() calls How does the executable find
a) standalone programs that are run from open_port()
and b) drivers that are to be linked in at runtime.

/klacke