Non-uniform randomness in Erlang? (as a feature)

Sergey Prokhorov seriy.pr@REDACTED
Tue Jan 25 14:56:45 CET 2022

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand the terminology, but did I understand
correctly that you are looking for some "random choice with weights"?

I have implemented the "walker alias" algorithm some time ago
https://gist.github.com/seriyps/5593193
But it is more or less a direct translation from imperative code, so it
does not look really idiomatic.
And it also only returns values from a predefined finite set, not via
arbitrary density function.