OTP 24.0 has been released

Frank Muller frank.muller.erl@REDACTED
Wed May 12 18:51:50 CEST 2021

New issue with libcrypto which is available on my system but couldn’t be
found by configure script.

$ ls -1 /usr/local/opt/openssl@REDACTED/lib
*engines-1.1*
libcrypto.1.1.dylib
libcrypto.a
*libcrypto.dylib*
libssl.1.1.dylib
libssl.a
*libssl.dylib*
*pkgconfig*

$ kerl build git https://github.com/erlang/otp.git OTP-24.0 24.0
[...]
checking size of void *... 8
checking for static zlib... no
checking for OpenSSL header in /usr/local/opt/openssl@REDACTED yes
checking for OpenSSL in /usr/local/opt/openssl@REDACTED configure: error:
static linking against crypto library disabled by user, but no dynamic
library found in /usr/local/opt/openssl@REDACTED
ERROR: /Users/frank/.kerl/builds/24.0/otp_src_git/lib/crypto/configure
failed!

Please see /Users/frank/.kerl/builds/24.0/otp_build_git.log for full
details.

My "kerl" config:

--disable-hipe --disable-sctp --with-microstate-accounting=extra
--enable-darwin-64bit --enable-dynamic-ssl-lib --enable-kernel-poll
--enable-shared-zlib --enable-smp-support
--enable-threads --enable-wx --with-ssl=$(brew --prefix openssl)

/Frank