Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Scott Ribe scott_ribe@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 18:53:34 CET 2021

> On Dec 15, 2021, at 10:27 AM, Contact | Erlang Forums <contact@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> This is not the case. Code use is based on context and intent. So if somebody posts a code snippet in a thread where someone is asking a question about how to do something, they are, by contributing to the thread, implicitly stating that that person (or anyone reading the thread in future) may use that code in the context of the thread that they posted their snippet in (otherwise they wouldn't have contributed to it).

While I imagine this is the INTENT, the ToS restrictions go well beyond:

"You may not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any erlangforums.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use."

"You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, broadcast, download, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use erlangforums.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use."

Restrictions on republishing, posting, broadcasting are understandable. But we may not download nor "otherwise use"? Really???