Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 17:03:01 CET 2021

Thank you for your feedback about Erlangforums.com everyone. See some
clarifications below:

Erlangforums is setup by Aston with the Erlang/OTP team in full
cooperation. The intention is to stimulate interest and discussions about
Erlang and other languages running on the “beam”.

We are happy with the forum’s objective to foster a positive inclusive
community. We reviewed the terms before the forum went live and feel they
are fair and reasonable.

We are Admins on the forum and while we advise the forum team when
necessary, we prefer to leave daily operation and forum management to the
forum team. This was a major reason to why we chose this route instead
running a forum ourselves at erlang.org: we want an experienced team to
manage the forum, marketing, growing the community, policies, moderation,
daily operation, and whatnot (Aston has been managing the Elixir Forum in a
similar capacity for over 5 years and has 20 years' experience managing
online spaces).

With a forum like this we are better able to focus on Erlang/OTP. We
weighed up all the options before concluding this is the best option for
Erlang, the Erlang community, as well as the overall BEAM community.

As indicated in the various announcements the mailing list will be
deprecated soon and we hope you will join us on Erlangforums.com. The
Erlang/OTP team will be focusing our efforts on the forum moving forward
because we believe it is an exciting platform and has the potential to
offer the most value.

For those who would like to use the forum as a mailing list please see this
thread:
However, keep in mind that the forum was never meant to be 1:1 copy of the
mailing list (it is meant to be much more). To attain an experience similar
to that of the mailing list you may want to subscribe to the following
sections as a starting point: Erlang News, Erlang Libraries, and Erlang
Help/Questions.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson