no function clause matching became no case clause matching exception

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri Dec 10 16:26:51 CET 2021

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 at 15:15, Eckard Brauer <eckard.brauer@REDACTED> wrote:
> fun(a) -> "a" end
>
> looks to me as it would only evaluate if called with a single symbol a
> as arg and (silently) fail otherwise.

It only fails silently if used in a list comprehension (or in a guard,
I suspect).

> what is the lambda fun intended to do?

Not a lot. I suspect that Frans has actually got more complicated code
where he's found this potential bug. He's pared it down to the minimum
reproduction steps necessary. Kudos for that: it makes it easier to
test and fix.

> Don't mind if the question is stupid, I'm still learning...

Not a stupid question. Thanks for asking.