[ANN] locus: Geolocation and ASN lookup of IP addresses

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Mon Aug 30 19:22:15 CEST 2021

I understand, and have faced such problems myself - there's an inherent
reliability issue.

But it can be worked around in multiple ways:
- by having your own HTTP(S) mirror (which is possible since 1.0.0)
- by loading the database from the file system (which is possible since
1.3.0, from March 2018)
- and starting now, by fetching the data however you see fit, through
callbacks

As for the issue of picking a HTTP client in particular, I've so far
avoided it by sticking with the stdlib's httpc.

But CA validation is still required for HTTPS (or rather, **strongly**
recommended), and so there's a dependency there (and one that requires
regular updates.)