eldap compatibility with Unicode strings
Wed Apr 7 14:26:28 CEST 2021
Can eldap handle Unicode strings (e.g. passwords) in general?
I'm not in a position to test it myself as of this moment, and so I looked
into the source code.
- the eldap docs say the API mostly receives the built-in `string()` type
- the `string()` type is defined as being a list of `char()`, which in
return is defined as a Unicode codepoint
- eldap uses a module named ELDAPv3 to encode LDAP messages
- ELDAPv3 appears to be generated from an ASN.1-defined protocol
- under said protocol, most messages appear to transport "OCTET STRING"s
- there's also an LDAPString type, which is nevertheless also defined as
an "OCTET STRING"
- finally, there's a separate notion of character strings under the docs
for the asn1 app, which is not used in eldap
With all of this in mind: would eldap handle Unicode strings? Or would I
have to convert them to UTF-8 encoded byte lists first?
(The later notion not being ideal, since they would be neither Unicode
strings nor UTF-8 binaries, but something in-between which is unsupported,
I presume, by both the `string` and `unicode` modules.)
: Expected to be encoded in UTF-8 no less
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions