wx:batch/1 on Windows 10

Dan Gudmundsson dangud@REDACTED
Tue Jan 21 11:47:08 CET 2020

wx:batch() was originally intended as optimization, by not letting
wxWidgets get control until the
complete work batch was done. I.e. a faster interface to the executing
thread.

I have optimized the code since then and on linux batch is not needed, I
have changed
so that events are checked (temporary allow wxWidgets to check/handle
events) every forth batch otherwise
event handling could be starved when to many large batches where sent to wx
thread.

But I have also noticed the problem, starting observer on a slow computer
shows the problem,
and I have tried to revert the changes mentioned above but I have not
managed to figure out what
have changed.

One thing that have changed is wxWidgets version, i.e. upgrade from 2.8 to
3.0.3 (soon to be 3.1 on windows),
but I don't know what is causing this, nor how where is should be fixed in
the application code,
 wx wrapper or wxwidgets library.