[erlang-questions] Experience with much memory

Dániel Szoboszlay dszoboszlay@REDACTED
Sat Sep 28 22:30:16 CEST 2019

I would like to add to Richard's points that you may have to tune the
memory allocator settings of the Beam too above a few hundred GB-s. The
default values may lead to some fragmentation that is becoming significant
at this point, especially for long-term allocated memory (typically: ETS
tables). I would advise not to use address order first fit strategies for
example, but rather stick to the old default, best fit strategy. Using a
super carrier may be beneficial too if you expect to use a lot of memory.

Cheers,
Daniel