[erlang-questions] [ANN] Adopting Erlang

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed Oct 9 17:38:12 CEST 2019

The most recently released chapter is on building Docker images https://adoptingerlang.org/docs/production/docker/, coming soon will be a chapter on Kubernetes and one on handling dependencies with rebar3. And there were already a number of important and interesting topics covered, see Hard Things to Get Right (https://adoptingerlang.org/docs/development/hard_to_get_right/) in particular.

Below is the original announcement for Adopting Erlang that was posted on elixirforum.org.

---

Adopting Erlang is a collaborative effort between myself (Tristan), Fred Hebert and Evan Vigil-McClanahan. It is an ongoing effort to gather all the resources that will help you use Erlang in a business. The booksite is divided in three sections focusing particularly on Erlang/OTP’s higher level concepts in the current open source ecosystem, how to use it in production (while setting up a pipeline for continuous development and delivery), and how to build a team when you’re starting from scratch.

The booksite is currently a work in progress, and updates will regularly be posted, aiming for a chapter per month. You can come back here to check for new material, or follow the authors on social media to get notifications, at least until we add some RSS Feed in here.

As more chapters become available we will comment on this thread with an update, however here’s what we have planned so far:

    Development
        Supervision Trees
        Dependencies
        Umbrella Projects