[erlang-questions] port driver naming

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Jun 25 23:17:23 CEST 2019

When writing a port driver the "driver_name" field in the ErlDrvEntry
structure is defined to match the name of the driver file.

Is it possible to name the driver file differently from what's specified in
the ErlDrvEntry?

I have two architectures x86 and x64, and would like to distribute a
prebuilt library with my application in the 32 and 64 bit flavors, and have
the application choose the proper driver filename depending on the target
architecture of the host machine.  For this reason I am wondering if it's
possible to name a driver file as "myapp-x86" or "myapp-x64" with a driver
name field containing "myapp".  Is that doable?

Regards,

Serge