[erlang-questions] start_epmd flag not respected on shutdown

Devon Estes devon.c.estes@REDACTED
Thu Jan 31 09:58:15 CET 2019

Hello!

So one of the operations folks at my current client is reporting some
strange behavior with epmd. They're starting epmd separately from the
application and then passing `-start_epmd false -name 192.168.0.1@REDACTED`
when starting the application. They then noticed this behavior:

So starting epmd, then starting the application works as expected, however
when the application shuts down it still thinks it's "managing" epmd and so
kills it.

Is this expected behavior? We have a workaround in place at the moment, but
I'm not sure if this is expected or not, or if there's some further
configuration that we're missing to make epmd live on after the application
is shut down.

Cheers,
Devon

--