[erlang-questions] Test system for automatic testing of an application

Wed Apr 3 10:39:52 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Sort of. We use Common Test to run tests against an application, which
> happens to be written in Erlang, but the test suites don't know or
> care about that.

Back in the day, when I wrote BitTorrent clients for fun, I used CT to
handle other clients and trackers. Basically set up a network and test your
client against the other clients, while maintaining them through CT. The
reason this is efficient is because you often want concurrent testing, and
the framework allows one to spawn processes to help with that. In fact,
using CT for this is one of the main points of it I think. Especially
because it has tooling for direct communication with a SUT over ssh/ftp, ...