[erlang-questions] Throttling HTTP requests

Ruan Pienaar ruan.pienaar@REDACTED
Fri Sep 21 11:12:55 CEST 2018

spent a few hours writing a erlang library for rate limiting within the vm.
https://github.com/ruanpienaar/tempo

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:40 AM Frank Muller <frank.muller.erl@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> We have an HTTP web service based Cowboy which is receiving more and more
> traffic.
>
> We would like to implement a throttling mechanism per IP address to limit
> how many request/sec the same IP address can make.
>
> Is there any library out there for that?
> Or any (simple yet efficient) algorithm to implement?
>
> Ideas & feedabacks are very welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Frank

*Erlang Solutions cares about your data and privacy; please find all
details about the basis for communicating with you and the way we process
your data in our **Privacy Policy*
<https://www.erlang-solutions.com/privacy-policy.html>*.You can update your
email preferences or opt-out from receiving Marketing emails here
<http://www2.erlang-solutions.com/emailpreference>.*

*Ruan Pienaar*
*+44 7500 708 814*