[erlang-questions] RTMP streams number

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Oct 26 21:21:13 CEST 2018

This is not about erlang, but about rtmp, however I will try to help you.

RTMP is a badly multiplexed protocol that is badly designed for delivering
more than one audio/video stream to client.
So you can send several audio-video streams to one flash player and it will
play these videos like a mosaic.

This is in theory. In practice just forget about it, nobody is using it,
you will not find any support for this in any modern flash players.
By saying "modern flash player" I mean only mobile players like Exoplayer,
because in web browser flash is completely buried and you can just forget
about flash player.

You take just one stream id and use the same stream id for all users.

Problem with RTMP is that it is impossible to prepare once and send the
same data to many clients, you MUST prepare data for each client.