[erlang-questions] some patterns in questions.

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 14:51:17 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I'm polishing an api for a library that will be used by a lot of consumers.
It seems important for me to respect much of the current expectations of
Erlang developers, so I was wondering what people expect these days when
using recent versions of Erlang > 20.

* passing options to a function: would you still expect to use a
`propslist` or a `map`? In which case are you using one or the other?

* database names for database embedded in an Erlang VM: would you expect to
still use atoms like for `ETS` or `Mnesia` or would you use any of the
following types: atoms, strings, binary? I'm thinking atoms are more
optimised in their usage, but is this still true?

Any feedback is welcome :)

Benoît