[erlang-questions] atomicity of spawn with global process registry?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 12:32:29 CEST 2018

What is the order of events/guarantees that happen with gen_server start + global name register?

Does register happen before the init?

If I do a normal spawn then do a register in 2 separate calls, I have a chance to call the register while init is already evaluating,
which triggers my race condition. As another process is sending a message to this process, and expects init to NOT start evaluating UNTIL the process is registered.