[erlang-questions] bcrypt issue -- missing library?

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Wed Mar 28 22:34:37 CEST 2018

Hi Roger,

I've never intentionally compiled the NIF. The only thing I've compiled is my application developed in Erlang Nitrogen.

Some months ago I did provision a new workstation with Erlang R19. Perhaps that's when the discrepancy crept in.

It seems that the problem is above my pay grade--- either in Nitrogen or Erlang.

It's very frustrating trying to build something to serve a worthy cause but to have tools change under my feet  without warning. I had a similar problem with the string library.

I'm a tool user, not a tool builder.

I have utmost respect for Erlang tool builders. They make possible what I'm trying to do. I know much less than they do; have much less experience. So I depend upon them. But problems like this cost me precious time and confidence.

Is this an issue of my own ignorance? Or an Erlang issue? Or an issue for software in general?

If my ignorance--- I'm sorry. I do try to fill in the gaps.

As it stands, I still don't know what to do to move forward.

All the best,

LRP