[erlang-questions] start_timer and timer fired lag

Alexander Petrovsky askjuise@REDACTED
Mon Mar 26 16:18:51 CEST 2018

Hi!

I'm usgin nksip library for working with sip protocol and in my virtual
machine (windows -> virtualbox -> ubuntu) I'm observer very strange
behaviour with erlang:start_timer [1]. Some time in common test, the timer
fires with lacency with hundred milliseconds.

I've check, there is no messages in queue, msacc says there is no problem
with schedulers and whole system is idle, erlang:monitor(time_offset,
clock_service) show that time in virtual machine flows monotonically.

I wonder, how can I find out why erlang behaves strange sometimes?

Erlang version is:

$ erl
> Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10]
> [async-threads:10] [kernel-poll:false]
> Eshell V9.2  (abort with ^G)

[1]
https://github.com/NetComposer/nksip/blob/d27e896bc959ebcf6e238ecc45a1ee3d76bc7399/src/nksip_call_lib.erl#L309

--
Петровский Александр / Alexander Petrovsky,

Skype: askjuise
Phone: +7 931 9877991