[erlang-questions] r21 logger difficulties

Mark Geib mark.geib.44@REDACTED
Fri Jul 6 20:43:41 CEST 2018

I decided to take a look at the new logger in R21, but I am not able to produce any output.

In my sys.config I have the following:
{kernel,
    [{logger,
      [{handler, default, logger_std_h,
       #{level => debug,
         config => #{type => {file,"log/erlang.log"}},
         formatter => {logger_formatter, #{template => [time," ",pid," ",msg,"\n"]}}}
      }]
    }]
 }

And in my code I do something like logger:info(“test message”), but I never see any output to the file. I see the file log/erlang.log created, but always empty.

I must be missing something, but I have read through the docs, quickly.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mark.