[erlang-questions] C nodes and message sending slowness

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 13:26:48 CEST 2018

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 1:46 AM, David Welton <davidnwelton@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the system I'm working on to see how things will
> look if the C node is down:
>
> timer:tc(fun() -> {any, 'cnode@REDACTED'}  ! {level, 50} end).
>
> It takes something like 7 seconds!  This shouldn't happen often, but
> it'd be nice if it didn't gum everything up.  I guess it's easy enough
> to wrap that in a spawn, but it just seemed a bit odd.

This behavior has been fixed in the upcoming OTP-21 release so that
operations to unconnected remote nodes no longer block until the connection
has been established.

Lukas