[erlang-questions] Common Test logs

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Mar 10 15:55:36 CET 2017

Thanks for looking into this!

Personally, keep N log directories would be enough. It would be useful
on my development machine where I run tests a lot and rarely need to
look back at much more than the past 2 or 3 runs.

But for my purposes, the 4th option also works (for example if I could
say '-keep_logs_only_from_the_past 2days' or something).

For CI I simply keep everything, but organize it differently (
logs/$PROJECT/$RUNID/$OS/ and then Common Test has one test run per
supported Erlang version, eg
https://builds.ninenines.eu/logs/cowboy/125/archlinux/ ) so I would not
use it there.

Cheers,

On 03/10/2017 03:41 PM, Siri Hansen wrote:
> Hi, I've started looking at this and I wonder how the limit should best
> be specified. Should it be
>
> * keep N log directories
> * keep N log directories per 'test name'
> * keep all log directories with timestamps newer than a given datetime
> * keep all log directories with timestamps newer than a number of days,
> hours, minutes, seconds back in time?
>
> Any thoughts or wishes?
>
> Regards
> /siri

> <mailto:peppe@REDACTED>>:
>

>     Hi Loïc,
>
>     This seems lika quite a useful feature, and a reasonable one to
>     implement. I'll add a ticket for it!
>
>     Best regards,
>     Peter
>
>     Ericsson AB, Erlang/OTP
>

>     On 01/30/2017 06:30 PM, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         I am looking for a Common Test option that allows me to restrict
>         the number of logs Common Test keeps around.
>
>         In practice I don't always care about the test runs I did last
>         month, I only want the 10 or so most recents. I would like to
>         configure Common Test so that it deletes older runs
>         automatically. Today I eventually "rm -rf logs" when it gets too
>         big, but it would be good if I didn't have to think about it.
>
>         Is there such an option (perhaps undocumented) and if not, can
>         it be considered adding it? This way when ct_run starts it can
>         cleanup automatically.
>
>         Thanks,

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu