[erlang-questions] Erlang in healthcare or medical devices?

Sat Jul 8 17:23:39 CEST 2017

Another slightly relevant project is the one running the danish pharmacy
prescriptions. It is relevant for discussion as there are some unique
properties people tend to want out of such a system:

- High resilience. It can be fatal if prescriptions doesn't work for some
people. Thus, the system must be able to handle itself in case of partial
failure of some parts.
- Clear audit trail. It should be possible to know what happened to a given
prescription.

Interestingly, Richard Cook--also an anesthesiologist by trade--has written
some of the best work on complex system architectures:
http://web.mit.edu/2.75/resources/random/How%20Complex%20Systems%20Fail.pdf

His main point is that any complex system must be able to adapt in order to
have correct operation.