[erlang-questions] Looking for Erlang code that handles PDF file attachments

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Feb 2 11:13:07 CET 2017

So you have discovered the secret of the code :-)

This was done as a joke but I think you're the only person who got it.

Feel free to use the code.

I suspect that most people (programmers included) think that PDF is a document
format - well It's not - it's a *container format* (like a ZIP file) -
it Just so happens
that 99.99999999999% of all PDF files contain documents encoded in a subset of
postscript.

It's all rather easy all you have to do is read the 1310 [1] page PDF spec [2].

I can highly recommend reading this - I think  PDF and Postscript are
outstanding examples of good design [3].

/Joe

[1] I'm not joking
[2] http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference_1-7.pdf
[3] The designers of Postscript actually asked traditional
typographers about page layout before designing a language.