[erlang-questions] lists:pmap ?

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 13:31:48 CEST 2017

I discussed the problems with a general pmap in a presentation back in 2009.

https://www.infoq.com/presentations/wiger-multicore-erlang

The purpose wasn't really to argue against a general pmap, but rather to
use it as a simple example to illustrate the problems with treating erlang
processes as 'fibers' rather than independent actors.

BR,
Ulf W